4th-8th Grade Links & Resources
We know that unexpected time away from school is a change in routine and presents unfortunate challenges. While there is no real substitution for the rich learning that happens in our classrooms, we want to make sure you have the tools to create an alternative academic experience at home.
Here is a message from your Division Director on how faculty is prepared to teach in a live, online environment.
Please view the updated schedules for grades 4-8 (effective 4/13/20).
- Cougar Tech
- 12 Virtual Museum Tours
- Growth Mindset Activities & Videos from Khan Academy
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus from NPR
- Calm.com (Breathing and Mindfulness)
- Intermediate School SEL at Home Week 1 (Days 1-5)
- Intermediate School SEL at Home, Week 2 (Days 6-10)
Ted talks for Teens:
- Establish daily routines for engaging in the learning experiences (ex. Wake up at the same time every day as you would if campus was open).
- Identify a productive and quiet space in your home where you can work effectively.
- Regularly monitor your online platforms (School email, Google Classroom, Seesaw) to check for announcements and feedback from teachers.
- Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty.
- Do your best to meet timelines, commitments, due dates, and class attendance expectations.
- Communicate with teachers if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional support.
- Comply with The Swain School’s expectations and guidelines regarding technology, including expectations for online behavior and etiquette and academic honesty.