Interested in our organization?
Contact the Swain Association at email@example.com or 610-433-4542, ext. 120.
The Swain Association – our school’s parent-teacher organization – is comprised of current Swain parents, teachers and staff, working together for the benefit of the students and the school. All families of Swain students and faculty/staff are automatically members of the Swain Association – there are no dues or fees for membership.
SWAIN ASSOCIATION GOALS
- Organize fundraising and other school events that focus on participants feeling valued and happy: “friend” raising, not just “fund” raising.
- Promote the fun and positive benefits of volunteerism and involvement with the school.
- Foster a positive working relationship with the school’s administration and promote understanding of the school’s aim and objectives.
- Encourage positive and meaningful interactions among family members, teachers and staff, so all feel valued and appreciated.
- Promote community building within the Swain community and throughout the community at-large.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
No matter what your schedule, you can get involved at Swain. Come to just one meeting or event, or as many as you would like. Here are some suggestions:
- Attend a Swain Association meeting (usually held on the first Tuesday of each month). The minutes of meetings are archived here; check the Swain Annual Calendar for future dates.
- Offer help in the library, cafeteria, art room or Cougar Closet (gently used uniform sales).
- Participate as a Room Parent, supporting the classroom teachers.
- Donate time, talent or items to the annual Auction.
- Join one of the Swain Association’s committees for an event or fundraiser.
- Support extracurricular activities by attending athletic events, concerts, plays and art shows.
Swain Association Leadership
(Pictured from left):
Row 1: Folami Young, Middle School Rep
Katie Criscuolo, President
Alyssa Goldberg, Lower School Rep
Tara Schoeneman-Brown, Beginning School Rep
Row 2: Toni Maignan, Intermediate School Rep
Khyla Flores, Member at Large
Joanna Whitney, Secretary
Row 3: Megan Brown, 2nd Vice President
Nicole Yee, 1st Vice President
Row 4: Jake Fotopoulos, Treasurer
Sarah Kleppinger, Faculty Representative